First impressions are very important both inside and outside when selling your home...
• Engage the professional services of a local cleaner, who will be able to help you highlight areas of concern and address according. i.e. Hot Plates, Rangehood, Exhaust Fan, Skirting Boards.
• A property stylist can improve the appeal of your property by enhancing its appearance. This helps in obtaining a higher sale price.
• Talk to a handyman about all those odd jobs still outstanding i.e. cupboard that doesn’t close probably.
• Obtain a building and pest inspection report, prior to the start of the sales campaign which will provide a clear indication of areas that may need attention. The report can in turn be used throughout the campaign if required.
• The Contract for Sale should be prepared by your solicitor or conveyancer with all the essential terms and conditions, prior to the commencement of the sale campaign.
• Investment property? Contact our rental department, who can provide you with all adequate information with preparing your rental property for sale i.e. lease expire, notice to vacate etc.
• Make a note of all the inclusions. That is, everything that will be included in the purchase price and remain at the property upon settlement. Standard items include light fittings, floor coverings, curtains and blinds. These can also be excluded if you prefer but it should be noted in the contract for sale.
Handy Gardening Tips
Please take a minute to watch the below video’s on some handy gardening tips to prepare your home for sale...
Ben's Garden Tips
A few hundred dollars spent sprucing up the property will increase the saleability and more than likely increase the sale price!